<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8972950611115994280?origin\x3dhttp://exdaydreamer.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

(Ex) Daydreamer

It's Paw with a W. Born on the 25th of the 9th month in the calendar. I'm a pessimistically optimistic dork who loves to daydream. Likes music, events, fangirling, photography, TV series, travel, surprises and everything in between. I'm a freak!| dork/s lurking

Blabbermouth

Say it right


Credits

Basecodes from Bituwin
© Paw G. July 2007
For more info.
stats history



Saturday, December 31, 2011 | 0 freaked out
Goodbye 2011, hello 2012!


Looking back to the year that was:

Before the year ended, I found myself with three credit cards, two savings accounts, and one payroll account. I got my HSBC Red MasterCard in January, my Citibank Classic Visa + Mercury Silver Visa in October and an additional savings account with BPI in December.

I finally stepped my foot in the summer capital of the Philippines! I went to Baguio with Team Wulolol friends in February. We tried the treetop adventure in Camp John Hay and it was an awesome experience!

I received a white BlackBerry Bold 9780 in April from my father. Woohoo!!!

I’m still working for Thomson Reuters. And I’ve received my first ever annual bonus (pro-rated) in April and a full 13th month pay in November. No tax refund though. Looking at my payslips, I wonder, where did my money go?

I became in love with running. I purchased my first ever running shoes for my first ever 5k in the Nat Geo 2011 Earth Day Run in April. I levelled up with a 10k in 2nd Ave Earth Run 2011 in August. All in all, I’ve already ran three 5km fun runs and two 10km fun runs.

I got a 12-month gym membership. To date, I already lost 13lbs and counting since I joined Fitness First in June. Many thanks to my personal gym trainors who inspired me to achieve this!

I enrolled myself in FPPF Basic Photography Workshop in April. I went to Intramuros for 5 Saturdays and graduated. Although I didn’t win in our final photo contest, I’m happy that I’ve made new friends!

I enrolled myself in UP Extramural Class and took the Basic Mandarin Language Class Module 1 in May. Ahhh the ten Saturdays of going to UP Diliman! Out of fifteen students, only five of us remained and got the certificate.

I went to Bacolod with my family in July. Last time I went to Bacolod was when I was still a baby, so it’s actually like my first time again.

I finally tried Paintball in November. I went with my officemates and our discount vouchers. It was really tiring yet fun... and dirty if you decided to play on a rainy day like what we did.

I finally visited the Manila Ocean Park in December. Sea lions + jelly fish + musical fountain show + fish spa!

Lastly, I’m still a Sponge Cola fangirl and still single.

-----

I’m dedicating my 2012 to saving money for my future. What I’ve got for 2012: my Belle De Jour 2012 Power Planner and these...

12 Goals for 2012

1. Save money (for real!)

-- I need my financial skills for myself. The game plan is setting a monthly target. Thanks for this feature, BDJ 2012 planner. I promise to limit my credit card spending and clear all my instalments. No more impulsive shopping for me! You’ll never wonder why I haven’t saved that much if you only knew what my monthly credit bill spending was for 2011! Can you believe that getting my own credit card was one of my goals last year? Yes, I now have three. Thank you very much. I’m ditching the Mercury credit card before October after I claim my free intense diamond peeling!

2. Search for love/life/happiness

-- This was the last goal in my 2011 goals. Maybe putting it in a higher position can help. Hahaha ;)

3. Travel local/international

-- My personal quota: at least two local destinations for the year. I’m excited for Iloilo trip in May 2012 which is actually pushing through because we already have our tickets! Still waiting for the confirmation for the Davao trip in Dec 2012 for my friend’s wedding. And still praying for at least one international trip this year. Maybe someone can sponsor me a trip to any of these destinations: Hong Kong, Macau, Singapore, Malaysia, Indonesia, China, Bangkok. Teehee!

4. Learn how to drive

-- We don’t have a car yet... that won’t hinder me from getting my license! Heh.

5. Learn a new sport or improve running

-- I’m thinking mountain climbing... I really wanna go to Mt. Pulag’s summit! On running news, I’ve already registered for two 10k runs in January and February. I’m actually preparing for my first ever half marathon this year. Maybe in March or the first leg of Unilab Run 2012! I need to train hard. Passion kung passion! Wish me luck!

6. Learn a new language or improve my Mandarin

-- I’m planning to take the second module of Mandarin class either in UP or Ateneo (if my savings permits) I actually want to learn Spanish, Japanese, French, Italian languages too!

7. Rekindle my love for Photography and piano

-- My two Ps. My piano/organ is dusty and needs some playing. I must find time to play again. I really want to learn to play piano through musical notes. For Photography, it’s still not coming back to me. Inspire me, Piper.

8. Look for better work opportunities (and/or greener pasture)

-- I’m on my way to my second year in my present work yet I still don’t feel that job satisfaction I’m looking for. Add to that what I felt with the recognition this year. It made me think: should I look for better opportunities in other departments or leave the company and start a clean slate with another on or entertain the thought of working abroad?

9. Maintain what I’ve gotten from the gym

-- So I lost 13lbs since I joined the gym. From the 59.8kgs down to 53.9kgs. I need to maintain and work on those arms! My fitness goals for 2012: Get lean. Get toned. Get strong. Get focused.

10. New wardrobe

-- I’m not working in a call center but we’re allowed to wear casual clothing when we go to the office. It’s actually your choice if you want to dress-up, but for a commuter like me, I prefer the jeans + blouse + flats wardrobe formula when I go to work. If I’ll pursue looking for better work opportunities, I really should prepare and buy corporate-y clothes.

11.Reunite with old friends

-- I love organizing events! And I'm gonna make our grade school reunion happen! March 2012!

12. Watch a concert

-- It's always been my dream to watch a real concert in Araneta. I'm gonna make this happen! Avril Lavigne in Feb 2012!!!

-----

Bring it 2012! You’re gonna be my year. I declare it!