<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8972950611115994280?origin\x3dhttp://exdaydreamer.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>

(Ex) Daydreamer

It's Paw with a W. Born on the 25th of the 9th month in the calendar. I'm a pessimistically optimistic dork who loves to daydream. Likes music, events, fangirling, photography, TV series, travel, surprises and everything in between. I'm a freak!| dork/s lurking

Blabbermouth

Say it right


Credits

Basecodes from Bituwin
© Paw G. July 2007
For more info.
stats history



Monday, February 20, 2012 | 0 freaked out
The Avril Experience


All roads led to Araneta Colliseum for the rock goddess Avril Lavigne on February 16, 2012. I've been waiting for this day to come. Believe it or not, this was actually my first Araneta concert experience ever. As in a concert experience by a foreign act! So yay me!

I've been to gigs, watched local acts but never have I ever watched a foreign act live. I failed to watch Taylor Swift and Westlife last year, so I made a promise to myself that I will not let this chance pass by. So I hurriedly grabbed my credit card and purchased a concert ticket. If this weren't scheduled on the same month as the Greatest Hits Tour, I would've opted for a higher priced ticket. But Upper B is still Upper B, the view and the seating arrangement were manageable. Hard earned money 1585php is still hard earned money 1585php. The next time she comes back to Manila for a tour, I would then be rich that I can afford a Patron/VIP ticket and a meet and greet. Or I would have friends from event organization company who can score me free pass(es). Wishful thinking.

Avril Lavigne is one of my girl crushes. We also share the same birth month and a two days difference in our birth date, that's just cool! I used to be a little girl with no definite like in music. I didn't even know that much about her song Complicated except that it's rock love song and people sang to it. I was on my childhood phase where I was choosing what music to like so that I can put it in the slumbook and so I'll sound like a cool kid. Haha.

I consider Avril Lavigne as one of my musical heroes, foreign musical hero at that. I have my own local musical hero but that's another story. I think she mainly influenced how "rock" I am today or how I think what 'rock' is. Haha. I'm not saying that I'm 'rock' or as 'rock' as her today. I believe though that there's always a rockstar in all of us.

The show started past 8pm and it was opened by Somedaydream. I haven't watched Somedaydream perform live, but of all the places in the metro, luckily I finally caught them in the Avril Lavigne concert. Nice. They performed three songs, ending their set with their hit, Hey Daydreamer. Sadly, people didn't have time to listen to them while they performed. We even thought that they're just doing a soundcheck on stage because there were no spotlight for them. Boom! The lights in Araneta finally went down. Avril Lavigne started the show with Black Star. There were a sea of glow sticks from the audience swaying to the piano intro of Black Star.

Set list:

Black Star
What The Hell
Sk8er Boi
He Wasn't
I Always Get What I Want
Alice
When You're Gone
Wish You Were Here
Unwanted (Musical Piece)
Girlfriend
Airplanes (B.O.B cover - snippet)/ My Happy Ending
Don't Tell Me
Smile
I'm With You

Encore:

Push (musical piece)
I Love You
Complicated


She's energetic enough to perform but had minimal connection with the audience which kind of disappointing. But she's too cute to complain about that. She performed enough songs enough for my ticket price. I really can't complain enough, because just the thought of finally able to watch her live is such an overwhelming experience for me and that this is just the first concert I've gone to! 

After singing I'm With You, she went backstage and the crowd started to chant "We want more!" plus stomping of feet. Of course, a concert wouldn't be complete if there was no encore. Her last song was her first single, Complicated and she ended it with one-handed cartwheel as she ran off the stage. Her trademark! My most enjoyed Avril performance for the night would be when she sang He Wasn't and asked the crowd the up-down-up-down raising of hands. Uto-uto lang kami haha. And of course witnessing Avril's one-handed cartwheel trademark made the night! To cap the night off, I checked some of the souvenirs I can get from the concert, but much to my dismay, only the shirt merchandise were being sold at the Araneta lobby and the shirts were almost sold out, other merch were also sold out. Sad. But luckily I got the last stock of the smallest size of the shirt I wanted! I ended up buying a one thousand pesos worth shirt. And now, I'm broke. I'm not regretting buying it though! Hahaha.

For now, lemme cross "Watch a concert" off my 12 goals for 2012!